Inspired by the Blue Lotus and its associations with Ancient Egypt and the great Pharoah Tutankhamun, Cerulia is representative of the 1920’s, the Golden Age of perfume and women’s emancipation. Tutankhamun was discovered by Egyptologist Howard Carter in November 1922. Some of the most popular fragrances from this age were Chanel No 5 and Shalimar – based on florals, aldehydes and vanillas.
Cerulia is a tribute to those perfumes, but carefully blended using natural essential oils rather than synthetic aldehydes. The hope is to echo some of the great discoveries in perfume and history.
Cerulia is the result of a collaboration between The Blue Lotus Shop and a local perfumer.
- Cerulia comes in a 12mL bottle with a roll-on top.
- Cerulia is an oil (fractionated coconut) based fragrance.
- Cerulia is an extra strong blend, so it is very long lasting and strong once it warms up on the skin. A little goes a long way. It can be diluted further with additional fractionated coconut oil if desired.
- Caution: always do a skin test first to test for any allergies etc.
- Information: As this is a natural based fragrance some settling is normal, especially in cold weather, despite being filtered. If this happens just shake to redistribute.
Top: Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Neroli, Sweet Orange (2 different types)
Middle: Blue Lotus, Pink Lotus
Base: Amber accord, Sandalwood